We asked blogger and nutritionist Lane Wiederstein to share her favorite treats any novice baker can tackle this weekend. Aprons at your fingertips …
Five refreshing fruit-infused water recipes to accompany your sweets. The message continues below.
My gluten free chocolate chip cookies have hit the nail on the head when it comes to a healthy treat. They are refined sugar free, giving you all the comfort without the guilt. I love this recipe because NO hand mixer is required, just a bowl and a spoonâ¦ less mess equals a happy baker!
Serves: Makes 12 cookies.
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Â½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Â½ cup of maple syrup
- Â¼ cup almond butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Â½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 Â° C.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla, egg and chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- Roll out tablespoons of the mixture and flatten into 12 cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Overripe bananas mean one thing … Banana Bread! This recipe presents a harmonious balance of flavors, with the acidity of raspberries and the smoothness of bananas. I love a slice of this healthy antioxidant-rich banana bread with a cup of tea for an afternoon snack.