Michelob ULTRA Organic Seltzer Essential Collection is changing the seltzer conversation
Krispy Kreme applauds this March Madness result
Have you ever put mayonnaise in your cake recipe? Hellmann’s Dessert Mayonnaise, in collaboration with Butterfinger, is the latest food mix that will have bakers talking. Although this food innovation may not have been planned, it will be remembered for a long time. Ready to open a jar?
Sometimes food mixtures come in the most unlikely forms. Who would have thought that pickle-everything would take over store shelves. What about the rise of Flamin’ Hot? In a world full of cooking tips and trends, everyone wants to be in the know, find out that secret, or just be different.
According to a recent announcement from the company, Hellmann’s Dessert Mayonnaise combines this classic spread with the center of a Butterfinger. Part tart, part sweet, and with a hint of crunch, this spread is unlike anything else on store shelves.
If you’re wondering where and when this special food offer will be available, there’s a very limited one-day-only release on April 1st. Better to act quickly.
Like all good stories, even the most fantastic ones are rooted in truth. While this dessert mayonnaise may be fiction, there’s something to be said for adding mayonnaise to a cake. This helps keep the crumb moist. After all, a dry cake is no joke.
As part of this fun promotion, Hellmann’s has shared a special recipe that highlights the mayonnaise in the cake. Here’s how to make Hellmann’s Butterfinger Crunchy Crispy Cake
Hellmann’s Crispy Butter Finger Cake
- Made with real ingredients like eggs and oil, mayonnaise adds moisture and richness to your baked goods.
- 12 servings
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Standing time: 10 minutes Ready in: 50 minutes
- 1 (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup of water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter, warmed, divided
- 2 cups chopped Butterfinger® Bars or Butterfinger® Baking Crumbs, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- PREHEAT the oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour a 13×9-inch cake pan; put aside.
- BEAT cake mix, Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, water and eggs 30 seconds in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed. Beat on medium speed, scraping down sides occasionally, 2 minutes.
- POUR half of the batter into the prepared pan. Top evenly with dollops of ¾ cup warmed peanut butter and sprinkle with half of the chopped Butterfinger bars. Cover with the rest of the dough.
- BAKE 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack, if desired, or keep in pan to cool completely.
- WHISK together remaining peanut butter and milk until blended. Whisk the icing sugar and cocoa powder until the mixture is a creamy and smooth icing. Spread evenly over top of cake and sprinkle with remaining chopped butterfinger bars. Enjoy!
- Tip: To reheat peanut butter, place in microwaveable bowl and microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds.