AC Valhalla is receiving a new 1.4.0 update tomorrow with many fixes and additional free content. The update will be deployed on November 9, 2021 at 12 p.m. UTC / GMT, 1 p.m. CET, 7 a.m. EDT, 4 a.m. PDT and 11 p.m. AEDT. Players on different platforms can expect different patch sizes: Xbox Series X | S: 25 GB, Xbox One: 20 GB, PlayStation 5: 6.75 GB, PlayStation 4: 4.55 GB, PC: 20, 31 GB. New content features four new Tombs of the Fallen, puzzles and trophies.
Graves of the dead
- Added four new Tombs of the Dead to the game.
- Four puzzle-focused tombs are waiting to be discovered across England. * Did anyone say Odin Rune? *
- Unlock two new trophies / achievements by completing one or three Tombs of the Fallen respectively.
- Access Requirements: This content is available when unlocking the colony through the main storyline.
Oskoreia Festival – Odin’s Wild Hunt
- Added in-game Hanime support for the Oskoreia Festival to the game.
- Available from November 11 to December 2
- New quests and activities, including horseback riding and a tournament against the spirits
- Scary new rewards
- Terms of Access : Players must reach England and complete one of the first two story arcs (Grantebridgescire or Ledecestrescire) and have a level 2 settlement to participate in the Oskoreia Festival.
- Perfect Parade: Parry LB / L1 / Q just in time to deal additional damage to the attacker.
- Master counter roller: Adds a hidden blade strike when performing a counter throw.
- Improved Arc Stun Finisher: Throwing the Bow Stun Finisher will now fire arrows at all stunned enemies in sight.
- Unable to interact with AxeHead.
- Unable to escort the vehicle in the “Old Friends” quest, the marker has not moved.
- Cavalier / Heavy Cavalry stopped fighting when the player got on a horse and was further away.
- Basim and Sigurd did not follow the player in Brewing Rebellion.
- Quest NPC could be under the world in Thegn of Lincoln.
- The cordial invitation could not be issued due to a dead NPC.
- Orwig Neverdeath did not appear to Hordafylke.
- Unable to interact with NPC during Edmund’s Arrow world event.
- Unable to defeat the boss in Binding Fate due to their spawning underground.
- The “New Avenge Quest” celebration repeatedly appeared onscreen when looting or interacting with items near the Vengeance Corpse without resuming the quest.
- Unable to retrieve Arc of Elan from the longhouse.
- “Exploration Zone” did not disappear when following another quest.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – The quest objective has not been updated in Barter for Peace.
- River Raids – Removed fish to balance ration availability.
- Wrath of the Druids – Unable to interact with the letter in Flann Sinna’s tent during the Courting the Kings quest.
- BattleCry did not affect alpha animals during combat.
- Vibration or haptic feedback missing on PS5 after version 1.3.2.
- Level 2 Ax Fury did not receive the intended ability modifiers.
- Numerous behavioral issues for NPCs.
- Weapon perks do not activate properly or activate outside of their intended conditions.
- Numerous clipping issues.
- Some 1H swords might cost more to upgrade than others.
- The animals did not enter the stunned position by emptying their defense bar with melee attacks.
- Fish could be seen teleporting while fishing under certain conditions.
- Helmets can still be displayed during certain cutscenes, even when it isn’t intended.
- Eivor was unable to roll forward while jumping from a height using M&K.
- Players can now switch between run / run state during auto movement.
User interface / HUD
- Numerous menu narration issues.
- Numerous UI / HUD issues.
- Constant new quest alert since the title update 1.3.1.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – Game time in Discovery Tour is displayed as 0 hours in the game menu.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – Discovery Sites and Behind the Scenes pop-up is present during the intro cutscene in Seaworthy.
- The level scaling options were not showing the correct values for the River Raid section in the quest log.
Graphics, animations and audio
- Lots of graphics, texture, animation or lighting issues.
- Many colorblind mode issues.
- Improvements to some raven textures.
- Instances of lost or floating objects or textures.
- Instances where Eivor, NPCs or the longship would be blocked.
Performance and stability
- Improved performance and stability.
If you need help with anything else in the game, we’ve got a ton of other guides for you to check out. For example, we wrote AC Valhalla Hidden Ones Armor Set Locations – Ratae Bureau Armor & Londinium Bureau Key for quest A Brief History of the Hidden Ones, which will reward you with the Hidden Ones armor. We can also help if you want to let Rued live or die – kill or spare the consequences of choosing Rued, or who to give money to in the AC Valhalla War Weary quest, and a well-hidden AC Valhalla Comb location for it. Bil Maiden’s Missive Rygjafylke Global Event. The puzzle that got us into big trouble was Unsealing the Well during the Well Traveled quest. And, yes, we have plenty more to come, stay tuned.