Are you one of those left alone? If yes, then you can easily understand the difficulty of managing home and work on your own. And if we talk about the recent period, this struggle has increased due to confinements and isolation. Due to the coronavirus threats, most of you are working from home and also doing household chores (because housekeepers are not coming to work either). In the midst of all this, cooking becomes a real struggle. That’s why we bring you some easy recipe ideas that can not only be prepared quickly, but can spruce up your regular meals:
Here are 5 easy recipe ideas to make every meal interesting –
1. Keema Egg Roll: The egg is always a savior for every person, for every meal. This food, packed with nutrients, has the ability to turn into different types of dishes. One such dish is ‘keema egg roll’. All you have to do is make a spicy chicken/soy keema and a fluffy three-egg omelet (add milk as you whisk to get the fluff). Cut the omelet into thin strips and add the keema and cheese fillings and make a roll. This roulade can make a complete meal on its own.
Read also: This Quick And Easy Keema Matar Masala Is Perfect For Your Next Dinner Party
2. Pizza Paratha: Pizza is a very popular dish among all singles who live alone. Imagine those days when you don’t like to cook! What are you doing? The most common response is to order pizza. How about making pizza at home, that too on regular tawa! Now use your leftover parathas to make cheese pizza. Click here for the recipe for the delicious cheesy paratha pizza.
3. Restaurant Style Fried Rice: There are several times when you have leftover rice from the last meal. What are you doing with that? You spice it up! All you have to do is add vegetables, spices, sauces and stir and turn it into restaurant style fried rice. Click here for the recipe.
4. No-Bake Pudding: This no-bake pudding is an ultimate solution to the ultimate cravings for something sweet. All you need to make this pudding is milk, sugar, agar agar/china herb, condensed milk, water, vanilla essence and cherries. Click here for the recipe.
5. Roti Taco: Getting creative with your food scraps may be the easiest option to consume the food and not get bored. Roti taco may be an option for you. It only requires a handful of leftover rotis, vegetables, cheese, gravy, and herbs. Click here for the recipe.
How to do without the basics? Here are some quick and easy options you should know about if you’re going to be on your own.
Here are 5 easy and comforting cooking recipes for you-
1. Sandwiches: It’s a take-out meal for anyone at any given time. This quick and easy to make healthy food preparation requires very little time and ingredients for preparation. All you need are bread, toppings, vegetables and the spread of your choice. The best part is that you can be as creative as you want with a sandwich. Click here for full tips on making the perfect sandwich.
2. Fruit salad: No one can deny the benefits of fruits. From weight loss to promoting a healthy metabolism, fruits benefit your health in several ways. Therefore, the consumption of fruits, especially seasonal ones, is always advised to people since childhood. Therefore, a bowl of chaat/fruit salad can still work for you. The easiest way to make fruit chaat is to cut the fruit, sprinkle with lemon juice and chaat masala and consume. It’s both tasty and quick and easy to prepare. Click here for more tips on how to make your fruit salad deliciously healthy.
Read also : 6 Nutritious Summer Fruit Salad Recipes to Try
3. Dal-Chawal: It is the comfort food of any Indian, regardless of age. Every person should know the basic preparation of dal-chawal. This dish is not only nutritious, but also very easy to prepare. On that note, dal – be it masoor, moong, arhar or whatever – is rich in protein, vitamins and several minerals. On the other hand, rice, a staple in Indian cuisine, is a rich source of carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins. All of this makes the platter healthy and filling for everyone. Click here for the 13 best dal recipes.
Read also :3 quick and easy cooking tips to make your rice perfect and not sticky
4. Smoothies- If you’re running late and don’t have time to cook, smoothies come to the rescue. A glass of smoothie or a bowl of smoothie can still be a healthy food with all the nutrition a body needs. The best part is that you can be as creative as you want with a smoothie bowl. Click here for 3 delicious smoothie bowl recipes for a nutritious, Instagram-worthy meal.
5. Khichdi- It’s the ultimate meal for any single person struggling to maintain work-life balance. Imagine a day when you have a lot of office work, but you also have to cook your own meal. Khichdi is the best option for such times. All you have to do is add all the vegetables, dal, chawal and masala of your choice to a pressure cooker and cook. It only takes 10 minutes to cook a khichdi. You can also replace the rice with dalia or oats, if you want to avoid consuming rice. This way, you not only get a quick, easy and comforting meal, but also all the nutrition your body needs. Click here to learn how to prepare your usual ‘masaledaar’ khichdi.
Also Read: Nutritionist Luke Coutinho Tells Us Why Khichdi is a Holistic Superfood
Now put the groceries away at home and prepare quick meals between work.